Is it time to move?
Selling your home is certainly a personal decision. Here are five points to consider:
1. You want to take advantage of the current real estate market. Housing prices are just beginning to level off in many areas, but it’s primarily still a seller’s market.
2. Your financial situation has changed and you want to lower your mortgage payments. A job change, divorce, serious illness, or death may call for a new living arrangement.
3. Your family has outgrown your starter home. What was once a cozy little home for two may not be the ideal situation for a family of five.
4. You’re tired of paying for maintenance and repair bills on an older property. When the most frequent visitors to your home are the plumber, electrician and appliance repair technician, then it may be time for a newer house.
5. You've spent at least five years in your current home and you're ready to move on. If you have positive equity in your home, then you may be ready to sell.